Retain Residential Streetscape
Preserve dead end Streets.
Enhance sidewalk maintenance and construction.
Maintain existing and provide additional crosswalks with proper signage.
Explore the feasibility of constructing a roundabout in Willard Square.
Maintain existing street trees and continue planting new trees.
Opportunities for Growth in the Neighborhood
Create a “Neighborhood Core” in Willard Square.
Promote responsible development within the neighborhood.
· Promote development compatible with recreational uses of the
· Promote and maintain the small businesses along Benjamin W. Pickett
Explore Relations between the Willard Neighborhood and SMCC
Explore the zoning provisions of Boarders and Accessory Dwelling Units.
· Increase communication between SMCC and WNA, with particular
attention to SMCC’s plans for acquisition/demolition of real estate
in WN: and, overall physical planning for the SMCC campus
· Increase utilization of WN as a housing resource for SMCC students,
faculty, and staff
· Increase collaborative programs such as the Community Gallery Walk,
The Stage at Spring Point Shakespeare
Preservation and Enhancement of Open Space
Willard Beach shall remain in the public domain in perpetuity with total
public access and parking, both of which should be free of charge
Continue access to the waterfront and beach.
· Continue to provide areas for local boaters to store their punts on
Maintain and expand beach beautification
Preservation of the Spring Point Shoreway
Continue maintenance on the path system and stairways.
Improve and maintain the signage program along the pathway.
Maintain and expand arboretum and picnic areas.
Preserve and maintain the cemetery on the SMCC campus.
Improve and maintain signage program
6. Promote Small Business Opportunities
Encourage small, storefront type business development.
· Review and implement Limited Business District LB zoning to
ensure a compatible mix of residential and limited commercial
· Promote small business development in Willard Square area to
encourage the development of a Village Center.
Develop Social & Cultural Opportunities
Maintain open areas to be used for compatible social and cultural events
Ensure accessibility to social and cultural events
Promote the development of a Community Center
TABLE OF CONTENTS